How We Can Help You
- We can help with new Customs / VAT
developments, e.g., Authorised Economic Operator (AEO), Export Control System (ECS), Security requirements, etc.
- Contact us for an AEO Fact Sheet, or sample CHIEF export / temporary storage entry screens
- We can show you how
to minimize exposure of your business to Customs
& VAT penalties / interest.
- We can advise on
urgent Customs or VAT issues, even out of office hours, if
- If things go wrong, we have
the expertise to critically examine any assessments or
- We can negotiate solutions with
Customs in disputes or decisions which may
have an adverse impact on your business e.g. withdrawal of
approvals, facilitation, etc.
- We can advise you how
to deal with VAT evidence of export problems.
- We offer a comprehensive accounting and completion of VAT returns service.
Advisory Services / Reviews / Meetings
Our services are tailored exactly to meet your business needs, with fees agreed at the outset. Work can be carried out at times to suit your
operation. For example:-
- A Customs Compliance or AEO Review - to ensure compliance with declaration requirements / standards / procedures
- A VAT export evidence review
- to ensure compliance with requirements & minimise potential exposure to VAT
- Scrutiny of Customs or VAT
Assessments / Penalties including legal basis, calculations
and scope for mitigation or reduction.
The work can include a
written report with recommendations on savings,
benefits, or corrective action to reduce compliance
Gary Charles set up Gary Charles Associates in 2007, after a 30+ year career in HM Revenue & Customs, and in "Big Four" accountancy practice. He was elected Secretary of The Customs Practitioners Group in 2008. Gary was appointed Customs & VAT advisor to The Export Group for Aerospace & Defence in April 2009. He has first-hand experience of negotiating favourable Customs & VAT settlements and solutions between businesses and HMRC. The practice has clients in London, Surrey, Heathrow and in Wales.
Gary Charles Associates is an active member of the UK Customs Practitioners Group ("CPG"), and an Associate member of The Association of International Courier & Express Services ("AICES").
Gary Charles Associates is registered with HM Revenue & Customs for VAT and as an Accountancy Service Provider